This policy is effective as of 19 April 2022.
Our contact details
Name: Joanna Bookkeeping
Phone Number: 01865 591952
What personal data we collect
Among the types of personal data that we use to provide you with our services as well as personal data this website collects by itself or through third parties, there are:
– Usage Data
– IP address
– Email address
– Name and surname
– Phone number
– Data communicated while using the service
– Information of a financial nature (e.g., bank statements, invoices, data related to your employment and anything that lets us provide accounting services to you)
– Any other information needed for us to carry out our duties as your accountants.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
- Personal data may be freely provided by you when you’re contacting us, asking us to provide you with a quote, filling out any form on our website or becoming our client.
- In case of usage data, the data can be collected automatically when using this website.
We use the information that you have given us in order to respond to your query, provide you with any materials, produce a quote for you or serve you as our client and provide you with our services.
We also store the information about you like standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in order to facilitate our marketing through third parties, make sure the website is meeting the needs of its users and make improvements.
When you contact us in regard to a service, the information we request needs to be provided to us and failure to do so may make it impossible for us to provide you with our services.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing the information are:
(a) We have a contractual obligation.
(b) We have a legal obligation.
(c) We have a legitimate interest
For processing data for marketing purposes via Google Analytics and Facebook Analytics, the lawful basis is:
(a) Your consent.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Operate our website
- Perform analytics
- Deliver advertising relevant to you
- Enhance your user experience on our website
What types of cookies do we use
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
Necessary – These cookies are absolutely essential to allow the technical operation of our website.
Functional – We use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in.
Performance – We use performance cookies to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for you.
Advertisement – We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address to provide customised ads. We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
Analytics – We use analytic cookies to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, however, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We don’t share or transfer your data with third-parties in a way as to reveal any of your personal information, except when required to by law or when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
Third-party services we use for marketing purposes, data processing and to assist us in providing services or information are Google LLC, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Tag Manager, Google Fonts, Font Awesome, Facebook, Facebook Analytics, Monster Insights, Sendinblue, Calendly, Airtable, Webpushr, Setmore, Square, GoCardless, JotForms.
We may also share your personal data with governmental organisations in order to fulfil our duties.
We also use accounting software to fulfil our duties as accountancy provider.
How long we retain your data
We retain collected information for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. We may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will keep your data until you unsubscribe.
What rights you have over your data
Under data protection law, you have the right to do the following:
- Object to processing of your data. You have the right to object to the processing of your data in certain circumstances.
- Access your data. You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Verify and seek rectification. You have the right to verify the accuracy of your data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of your data. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your data. In this case, we will not process your data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have your personal data deleted or otherwise removed. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your data from us.
- Receive your data and have it transferred to another controller. You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, under certain conditions.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
How We Protect Your Data
Your privacy is important to us. It is Joanna Bookkeeping’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you as a part of our services, across our website, https://joannabookkeeping.co.uk, and other sites we own and operate. We take reasonable precautions to prevent loss and theft of your information, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as an acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113 ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of your consent, we shall collect new consent from you, where required.